Monday, April 18, 2011

Health nut?...

So as the pregnancy kicks into first gear I'm extremely tired and have little to no motivation to do just about anything (hoping this changes come 2nd Trimester)...But with reality of 4 kids/full time school/everyday family duties, honestly there isn't a lot of room to be taking naps and ignoring housework.

I've been on the prenatal vitamins and iron supplements since day one so I know that is giving me a little extra boost, I set a 1 cup of coffee a day rule with all my pregnancies, I know in the mornings I wouldn't be able to even function without that one cup so thats my treat to myself.

I have also started on my healthier diet, I'm not much of a health freak and usually eat what I want, when I want so obviously I knew that had to change right away. I've started reading labels on boxes and portion control. I have 3 meals a day and 3-4 snacks a day, so I feel like I'm doing nothing but eating, just choosing what I am eating is a big deal. Low Carbs and trying to stay away from my all time favorite, Chocolate anything...With being two lil beans, I've read up on what to expect with weight gain and how to plan ahead for that. And so far looks like what I'm doing is right on track.

I've already set up a meeting with the OB nutritionist so we can make plans for these next months. I'm not a freak about this, I just want to make sure I'm doing everything I can to stay on top of my health and the health of the babies.

I'm feeling very bloated and not so "hot" these last couple weeks. I have 2 pairs of jeans that still fit good, so I've been wearing a lot of my leggings lately and bigger shirts. I know I'm a bit early to be wearing maternity clothes, but I'm not gonna lie, I don't think it's going to be that far away from now... I've grown my baby bump early with my last two pregnancies so I'm not expecting anything different with that..

U/S later this week and then OB appt in two weeks:)

**Baby Growth**

Babies are about 1 inch long. Fingers and toes are present. Eyelids are forming and Hearts are beating:)

4 comments:

  1. Fingers and toes....and heartbeats. OH MY!! ;) I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you're already feeling pretty tired! It sounds like you are going to give those little beans the very best start possible! :) I will be interested to hear what the nutrtitionist tells you or suggests in addition to what you've already read and are doing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited for your journey. I LOVE twins!! Oh and I love your "Made in America with Norwegian Parts" AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats amy! and if you ever need some clean recipes that are still so so delicious let me know. I have a ton on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete